Laser-plasma hybrid technology optimises surfaces and processes
Laser and plasma – combining these technologies for surface optimisation and surface engineering makes it possible to process numerous materials precisely and homogeneously on larger surfaces with high productivity and at lower cost. The combination of the two technologies also supports the exact and efficient micro-structuring of optical components. This innovative laser-plasma hybrid technology opens up a broad range of new application possibilities for surface optimisation. Production and machining processes – depending on the desired application – become more efficient with higher quality and therefore more economical.
Serial or simultaneous laser-plasma hybrid processes are possible depending on the application and substrate. Here the materials that are used can exhibit conductive, semiconductive or also insulating properties.
Benefits of laser-plasma hybrid technology
- Cost-effective and energy-efficient
- Easy to integrate into existing processes and methods
- Shorter cycle and process times
- Improved quality compared to previous methods
- Highly efficient material processing, for example by reducing the required laser energy, increasing the ablation rate, improving the surface roughness and reducing debris
- Structuring of optically transparent materials such as borosilicate, quartz glass etc.
- Low-energy annealing