What we offer
Optical interference filter systems and their production is one of the key focal points of the Fraunhofer Institute for Surface Engineering and Thin Films IST. Numerous industrial applications in aviation and aerospace, telecommunication, medical technology, the consumer goods industry and others benefit from the increasing precision of optical filter systems today and these often constitute a key component. Fraunhofer IST has been active in the field of magnetron sputtering for many years, especially in the context of highly demanding film systems.
- Conception and design of optical interference filter systems for a wide variety of applications
- Production of interference filter systems of especially high quality according to customer specifications from A to Z (ranging from the procurement of suitable glasses to cleaning, pre-treatment, coating, end characterization and packaging).
- Transfer to industrial production processes
- Customer-specific optical monitoring systems (MOCCA+®)
- Substrate cleaning
- Project consulting, review and support in the field of precision optics
- Comprehensive optical analysis in the thin film segment
In cooperation with Fraunhofer IOSB, Fraunhofer IST develops films that enable the precise and fast 3D measurement of surfaces.