Substrate cleaning is an important prerequisite for the production of high-quality optics. A fully automated cleaning line was developed especially for this purpose at Fraunhofer IST. Being able to accommodate a wide variety of substrate geometries with extreme flexibility and cost effectiveness was the objective. Particles and organic contaminants are removed from the substrates in ultrasound-assisted cleaning lines operating in a clean room atmosphere.
Overview of technical data:
- Working with different frequencies: 40, 80, 120 and 250 kHz.
- Flexible substrate holder for clamping substrates of approximately 2-140 cm²
- Freely programmable movement speeds of 0.02 – 50 mm/s
- Use of various cleaners
- Clean room atmosphere
- Free programming of cleaning sequences
- Individual rinsing of the basins with high-purity deionised water