Effective surface cleaning assumes a key role in coating technology and surface engineering because the standards for surface quality are high, even before the coating process. Fraunhofer IST has developed a powerful yet environmentally friendly water-based cleaning technology.
Environmentally friendly: water-based cleaning
Not only are water-based cleaners superior to widespread carbon-based cleaners in regards to their cleaning effect in case of contamination with salts and chips, they also permit modification of the material surface. Water-based cleaners cover a broad range of cleaning applications from primary to ultra-fine cleaning. What’s more, water-based systems are less harmful to the environment, largely biodegradable and therefore result in lower disposal costs.
Our service offering: industrial component cleaning
- Development of customer-specific cleaning processes including drying and corrosion protection
- Selection and testing of chemical cleaning systems tailored to the material
- Conceptual design of individual water-based cleaning systems
- Integration of cleaning in existing production processes, such as coating
- Control of the bath quality and cleaning results
- Preparation of substance and energy balances
Technology transfer / consulting
- Transfer of the cleaning technology to your operation
- Employee training and instruction